All-in-1 / CISSP All-in-One as well as Harris / 5712-1
Becoming a CISSP
This chapter gives the following:
• The reasons becoming a CISSP
• What the CISSP exam requires
• The actual Common Human body of Knowledge contains
• A history of (ISC)2 and the CISSP exam
• Recertification requirements
• An assessment test out to evaluate your current secureness knowledge
This book is intended to welcome you to the exciting world of security and begin you on a new path toward obtaining your CISSP certification!
The Certified Details Systems Reliability Professional (CISSP) exam includes ten fields, each of which may be regarded as a full discipline of examine in itself, numerous individual books and papers written upon just that subject. Thus, you could have the impression that to prepare properly for the CISSP exam you have to read a collection of books. Without this third edition of CISSP Helpful Exam Information in hand, that impression can be true. Nevertheless , the goal of this guide is to present in one useful resource all the information that you should pass the CISSP examination. It also serves as a reference point that you can use after you obtain the CISSP certification.
So why Become a CISSP?
Security is a hot concern, not only in the safety and technology fields, but also in every single organization, federal government agency, and military device. Computer and information secureness used to always be an hidden term regarded only by a few. Secureness expertise was considered of minimal importance because hazards were low. Hacking required great skill and know-how and thus had not been a common practice. Today, nevertheless , most organizations and businesses are anxiously searching for gifted and skilled security specialists to help them shield the resources that keep their particular companies with your life and competitive. The CISSP certification identifies you as being a security professional who has effectively met a predefined normal of knowledge and experience that is well realized and respected through the industry at large. Keeping this certification current shows
ch01. indd 1
8/9/2005 2: 15: 36 EVENING
All-in-1 / CISSP Helpful / Harris / 5712-1
CISSP Multiple Exam Guide
that you have a serious interest in keeping up to date with security systems and occasions relevant to exercising information secureness.
There are many good achieve a CISSP certification:
• To meet an expanding demand and thrive in an ever increasing field • To expand your current understanding of security ideas and techniques • To get security competence to your current occupation
• To become even more marketable in a competitive staff
• To exhibit a determination to the security discipline
• To increase your salary and be eligible for even more employment opportunities The CISSP certification helps corporations identify a poor00 the ability, know-how, and knowledge to implement solid security practices, carry out risk examination, identify important countermeasures, that help the organization in general protect its facility, network, systems, and information. The CISSP qualification also supplies security experts with the abilities that signifies the set of skills they want to give to organisations. Today, a better demand is usually put on reliability as an integral part of corporate success. This, subsequently, increases the demand for highly skilled security professionals. The CISSP documentation shows that a respected thirdparty organization provides recognized could be technical and theoretical understanding and expertise, and differentiates that individual by those who shortage the certification.
Understanding and implementing security practices is definitely an essential element of being a very good network manager, programmer, or perhaps engineer. Work descriptions which often not especially target security professionals often still demand a potential applicant to have very good understanding of secureness concepts plus the ability to apply them. Many organizations perhaps have been hit by the recent economic climate and are unable distinct network and security staffs. Yet , they...